Care & Cleaning
WOODS & FINISHES
- Dusting: Dust cabinets frequently with a soft lint-free cloth. You can dampen the cloth slightly with water or a spray-type dust remover. We advise against the use of Endust Dusting and Cleaning spray as they may leave a hazy film on the cabinet finish.
- Spills: Clean spills immediately. Use a clean cloth and mild soap if necessary. Wipe dry with a clean soft cloth.
- Cleaning: There are a number of products available for your wood cleaning needs. Use a clean cloth and mild soap if necessary. Wipe dry with a clean soft cloth.
- Polishing: We recommend that you wash and polish cabinets once or twice each year. Use a light coat of quality furniture polish that is formulated without wax, petroleum solvents or silicones. We advise against the use of Guardsman® Revitalizing Wood Polish or Old English® Furniture Polish as they may leave a hazy film on the cabinet finish.
- Don’ts: Never use detergents, soap pads, or steel wool on your cabinetry. These harsh abrasives will mar the wood finish. We recommend that you avoid the use of paste wax and polishes that contain silicone; the wax buildup is difficult to remove and will leave a residue that attracts dust. Additionally, we recommend that you avoid the use of Guardsman® Revitalizing Wood Polish, Old English® Furniture Polish, and Endust® Dusting and Cleaning Spray as they may leave a hazy film on the cabinet finish.
LAMINATE - MELAMINE AND VINYL
Periodically clean the interior and exterior surfaces of the door using a damp, soft cloth. Tough stains may be cleaned using a soft cloth dampened with a ”Formula 409” or “Simple Green“ type cleanser.
IF YOU HAVE A SELF-CLEANING OVEN
Pay specific attention to doors and drawers that are directly adjacent to self-cleaning ovens. Due to the intense heat these cabinets may need special attention to combat signs of surface or finish damage.
REGARDING PLACEMENT OF HEAT PRODUCING APPLIANCES
We recommend that you do not mount heat-producing appliances, such as coffee makers and toaster ovens, beneath cabinets. Excess heat and moisture from these appliances can damage cabinets.
FOR ALL WOOD CABINETRY
Over time, Ultra Violet light rays in natural sunlight may affect the appearance of your cabinets. Quality Cabinets™ applies UV inhibitors to all its wood cabinetry as part of the finishing process. The finish on your cabinetry will not change, but the wood may, depending on its natural characteristics, the amount and direction of light exposure, and the portion of the cabinet that receives light.
If you're looking for a professional Ashland KY kitchen and bathroom cabinet, vanity, and cabinetry hardware supplier that emphasizes quality and customer service who focuses on your needs and desires, Great American Kitchen & Bath Express is right your you. Come see us TODAY at 3401 Winchester Ave., Ashland, KY, Call us at 606-420-4248, or Request a FREE Quote.